Once your toddlers start growing out from the toddler stage, you will need to start preparing a bedroom that is fit for their age and requirement. Children love to have their own bedroom where they are free to be messy and have their own fun even though parents might put restrictions for the rest of the house.
You will be making your child happy by decorating it the way they like. Do make them happy, you will have to ask him or her what they like and if there is a particular them that should be followed. Based on their likes you can conceptualize it. You can start by deciding based on the things you have and the things you will need to purchase such as kids lamps, beds, wardrobes and a study table. Here are some tips that will help you design your child’s room easily if followed.
- Bright colours for curtains – When you pick the colour of the curtains along the windows ensure that you match it with the entire bedroom. When using bright colours this will help give your room a cleaner and sharper look. A valance can be placed to reduce a lot of light coming through during the day.
- Kid’s toys – Children tend to leave their toys lying around which means that you will decide to get kids toy storage to store them. However, know you can also use the toys as decoration as well to give the look a more personalised look based on the child’s preferences.
- Paints and prints – When painting the wall use a bright colour and match it with some lovely prints. You can use a variety of cars, flowers and even cartoon characters nowadays.
- Fabrics – Ensure that the bedspread that you purchase matches the theme of the bedroom, the wall and the curtains. A few extra pillows will make the bed more welcoming and a few pillowcases can be used to match the curtains.
- The ceiling – Decorating the ceiling is important. It can be decorated by using glow in the dark stickers to represent the moon or even of the theme your child prefers.
- Educational material – Having a bookstand and a study table is important. This is the room where the child will be studying and reading most of the time. It is important that you create this environment as well.
- Photos – Add a few photographs of your child during their happiest times or when he or she achieves something. A plain wall for the photographs will be ideal.
- The floor – Covering the floor to match the rest of the room is important. You can use a very dark shade of the main theme colour of the room to bring all the other elements into light.
- Lampshade- Add a lampshade near the bed and the study table and this will help bring out the glow. Now its time to start brainstorming for ideas for your child’s new bedroom!